Sunday, October 17, 2010

Progress





Unusually warm weather has allowed many flowering plants to show their beauty just a bit longer. The Morning Glories on my daughter's patio were no exception... treating us to one last explosion of color before winter. I'm not sure I can call it a vacation, but we spent the past week dog sitting and painting walls and trim in our little cottage in the woods. I'm amazed that my right arm still works! Mr. Amazing and I worked quite well together and finished a first coat of Benjamin Moore's Simply White paint on all the trim. I need to give Benjamin Moore a plug here as their Advance paint is truly incredible. It went on as smooth as butter and, as a bonus, is an environmentally safe paint. I did question the wisdom of painting everything in site, but I'm hopeful the finished look will be what I've envisioned. We were also able to stain and seal the beech countertops from IKEA. I've attached a picture of the three products used. While we painted, Thompson Flooring was installing the wood floors upstairs. Monday they will apply stain and Tuesday apply a seal coat. Next comes Floor360 for tile in bathroom shower and around fireplace. All in all a productive week. Did I mention how sore and tired we are? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment