Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Countdown Begins!





A very busy week...but productive! We painted, painted, painted all weekend and threw in attending our grandson's 3rd Birthday party in between (I think we're getting pretty good at multi-tasking!) Our son-in-law and his friend spent the past two weekends building retaining walls and yesterday topped it off with rough landscaping and a gravel driveway! I was speechless when I walked outside and saw the incredible job they've done (hugs and tears to both guys here.....). Brad the Builder finished the fireplace wall and it's turned out exactly as I'd hoped it would. I can't wait to turn on the gas fireplace on a cold winter's night! I've been asked why I opted for gas over wood. I'll defer that question to Mr. Amazing as, amazingly, he would only make a wood fire over the holidays. Now I can have a lovely fire with the flick of a switch! Next Saturday Phase III and IV. I am definitely getting excited! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good!

    Why is there a place for logs next to the fireplace if it runs on gas?

    ReplyDelete