Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Cookies


I've been told, by a "follower" that my lone December blog...was...well...less than exciting. Ho hum to be exact. I agree. I was caught up in holiday decorating, baking cookies and following my favorite blogs! Did I mention EATing LOTS of my favorite Holiday cookies? Each member of our family has a favorite cookie. Mr. A's favorite is his Grandmother's cutout cookies (lots of work but he says well worth it); Michael loves fudge; and Carrie and I can't get enough of my mother's Pecan Short cookies. My friend, Beth, thinks the pecan short recipe is the same one her mother made. Quite possible as we lived next door to each other way back when. Because this is MY blog and because they are my favorite....below is the recipe for pecan shorts:

PECAN SHORTS

350 degree oven

2 cups butter (4 sticks at room temperature)
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups flour
2 cup pecans (chopped)
2 tsp salt

Cream butter and powdered sugar
Add flour/salt mixture a little at a time
Add chopped pecans
CHILL dough
Roll into small balls and flatten with fork
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly brown
Cool slightly
Put in a large zip loc bag ( 10 or 12 at a time) filled with powdered sugar and tumble till coated

Simple...and delicious...and all gone...I ate the three in the picture while I was typing! Guess I'd better take a really long walk!

3 comments:

  1. I've been told, by a "follower" that my lone December blog...was...well...less than exciting. Ho hum to be exact.

    LOL.......My dear young lady.....How could someone be so insensitive?...Certainly this can't be true......Criticizing your blog? "Less than exciting?" "Ho Hum you say?" OMG!!!!!....who would say such a thing?...... They should be hung by their thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha too funny - way to enjoy the props! they all look great. i will have to try this recipe, looks like a great coffee cookie. thanks for all the comments, appreciate them! mara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Susan...that sounds exactly like the recipe I remember....now I guess I had better make some....Bob really likes them too...just need to wear white when you are eating them or shove the whole cookie in your mouth!

    ReplyDelete